This warranty is not transferable to a subsequent person/ company if the product is sold by the original purchaser during the warranty period.
The benefits of this warranty are in addition to any rights and remedies imposed by New Zealand legislation that cannot be excluded. Nothing in this warranty is to be interpreted as excluding, restricting or modifying any legislation applicable to the supply of goods and services which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified.
If a defect appears in the product before the end of the warranty period and FORTRESS TRAILERS LIMITED finds the product to be defective, in its sole discretion, either:
- Replace or repair the product or the defective part free of charge; or
- Cause the product or defective part of the product to be replaced or repaired by a qualified repairer free of charge.
FORTRESS TRAILERS LIMITED reserves the right to replace defective parts of the product with parts and components of similar quality, grade and composition where an identical part or component is not available.
Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair goods.
- If a fault covered by this express warranty occurs, the customer must within 7 days contact FORTRESS TRAILERS LIMITED at the contact address below.
- Any warranty claim under this express warranty must be accompanied by:
- Proof of purchase;
- Full details of the alleged defect; and
- Any relevant documentation (such as maintenance records).
- The customer must make the product available to FORTRESS TRAILERS LIMITED for inspection and testing within 14 days of contacting FORTRESS TRAILERS LIMITED in accordance with this warranty claims procedure. If inspection and testing finds no defect in the product, the customer must reimburse FORTRESS TRAILERS LIMITED for costs of service work and testing.
- The cost of transportation to or from FORTRESS TRAILERS LIMITED is to be covered by the customer.
- The warranty will not apply where:
- The product has been repaired, altered or modified by someone other than a FORTRESS TRAILERS LIMITED employee.
- The goods have not been used in accordance with FORTRESS TRAILERS LIMITED express instructions or have been misused, abused, neglected, improperly installed, stored, maintained or have been involved in an accident. (including flood, saltwater exposure, fire and theft)
- FORTRESS TRAILERS LIMITED cannot establish any fault with the product after inspection and testing.
- The product has been subject to abnormal conditions, including environment, temperature, water, fire, humidity, pressure, stress or similar;
- The defect has arisen due to abuse, misuse, neglect or accident;
- Unauthorised parts or accessories have been used on or in relation to the product.
- The defect is a deterioration of the appearance of the product
- The defect is the result of wear and tear.
- This warranty does not cover consumables such as light bulbs, led bulbs, inner tube tires, tires, wheel bearings, brake components.
- Neither does it cover any additional optional products such as first aid kits, fire extinguishers, sound systems, lighting, power supply units or any additional option fitted to the product; these options will be covered by the supplier/ manufacturer of the optional products and are to be claimed for as such.
- The trailer has been sold, gifted or loaned to anyone but the original owner as per the Sale & Purchase Agreement.
FORTRESS TRAILERS LIMITED
62A FORGE ROAD, SILVERDALE 0932
PH: (021) 2872452